Well, it all happened yesterday…
My aunt brought over cookie dough brownies, set them on the counter…
Bam! my little brother stole them and hid them under his bed, causing us to search furiously for the notorious cookie brownies. He’s allergic to dairy and if he eats it, he gets a clogged tear duct. That was enough of a sign for mom and she asked him where he hid them.
In the end, the cookie dough brownies were rescued.
With quite a bit missing from the pan.
It was delicious! But my mom and siblings couldn't have it. Oh, the agony!
So, I decided to make a gluten free version of the cookie dough brownies. Such a brilliant idea deserves a makeover, does it not? 😉
Cookie Dough Brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the cookie dough:
1 package of Pamela’s Mix chocolate chunk cookies
1/4 cup applesauce
8 tbsp earth balance (DO NOT MELT!)
1. Combine together with a handheld mixer. Set aside.
For the brownies:
1 1/4 cup Pamela’s Baking and Pancake Mix
1 cup sweetener (I used sugar, but you can use whatever kind you want)
6 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used raw cacao and it turned out great!)
1/2 tsp salt (just under level)
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup water
Optional: add chocolate chips if you’re a super chocolate lover!
1. Combine all ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
2. Grease an 8 by 8 inch square pan with coconut oil and pour the brownie mixture into the pan.
3. Drop cookie dough by the tablespoonful onto the brownie mixture. Be sure to do generous amounts because the cookie dough will sink into the batter while its baking.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes (more if necessary). Cool for 20 minutes (or less if you’re impatient!). Enjoy! 🙂
Now, lets look at the finished product!
I’m ready for my close-up now…
Which is better? Eating cookies or baking them?